I have had discussions with one of my friends over weather raising dogs is like raising children. Clearly raising s child is much more difficult then raising a dog but I strongly believe the principals are the same. I quickly sent my friend a link when I came across an article from Mamamia with the subject ‘See, It’s True!’ The ten main points to explain why raising puppies is like raising children are as followers and you can read the full article here:
1. Start off on the right foot.
2. You are in charge.
3. Exercise is good for dogs and kids.
4. Be flexible with food but don’t skimp on fluids.
5. Play is important.
6. Safety takes a long time to learn.
7. Not everyone will think your pet or your kid is adorable.
8. It’s pointless trying to impose your style on them.
9. Take lots of photos as things happen.
10. Be surprised.
What do you think? Do you think raising dogs is like raising children?